
按這裡看歌詞
I grew up on the land
我在田裡長大
On the small farm in north east of Iowa
在艾荷華東北方的小農場
I felt that families and the lands needed the help from scientist,
我覺得家人和田野需要科學家的幫助
And I dedicated my life to science
而我也將我的一生獻給了科學
The first and foremost problem in this crowded and overcrowded world is one of food
在這擁擠且容納過多人的世界最首要及重要的問題就是糧食
And the magnitude of the problem that confronts us is fantastic and frightening
而對抗我們最嚴重的問題就是幻想及恐懼
In many parts of the world Yields are very low
在世界上有很多地方產量低下
We cannot continue to ignore this problem of food
我們不能繼續忽視糧食問題
Food distribution is of prime importance to solving human problems
要解決人類的問題, 最重要的是糧食的分配
How do we draw attention to its importance?
我們該如何讓人注意到它的重要性
It has to come from within
這必須要從裡到外開始
And I am not one to sit idly by
我不會坐視不管
And see men increasing his numbers
看著人們增長人口
Faster than food production (I am not one to sit idly by)
快過於糧食的生產 (我不會坐視不管)
If I have anything to contribute to this world
如果我有什麼能為這世界做出貢獻
I am going to play that card and play it hard
我就要打出那張牌來硬的
When I know that our scientific facts are right
當我知道我們的科學事實是正確的
I am going to play that card and play it hard
我就要打出那張牌來硬的
We must continue to improve our technology, if we are to keep pace with this growing demand for food, if we are to have a stable world
如果我們要趕上不斷增長的糧食需求, 如果我們要有個穩定的世界, 我們必須繼續改善我們的科技
The good farmer is the person who can put all the pieces together
好的農夫能將所有碎片拼湊在一起
It starts with production then you have to have a variety
從生產開始 然後必須要有多樣性
Proper time of preparation of land for planting
適合的時間準備適合的土地來種植
It must be executed by people who have the motivation
這必須由有動機的人來執行
Plants talk to you
植物會和你說話
They tell you weather they are healthy
它們告訴你它健康的天氣
Weather they are happy
它們高興的天氣
And the way they grow and develop
以及它們成長和發展的方式
Is an outward manifestation of this
就是這樣的外在表現
The plant will talk in a quiet intelligent voice
植物會以安靜伶俐的聲音說話
You have to live with them you have to feel the pulse
你必須和它們生活 你必須感受它們的脈動
This is very critical
這是非常關鍵的
Look what happened to the dinosaur
看看恐龍怎麼了
When he lost his ability to change
當他失去了改變的能力
He became obsolete!
他就成了廢物
Is this the destiny of the human species?
這會不會是人類的命運?
It is my hope that all who are born into this world we can provide with the basic necessities for a decent humane life
讓所有生在這世界上的人, 我們都能為其一生提供基本的需求, 是我的願望
And this seems to be urgent to me to try to help things in small modest sort of ways
以各種細微及適度的方式做出幫助對我來說是很急切的
We might be surprised how much we can improve the environment
我們也許會很驚訝我們能改善環境到什麼地步
沒有留言:
張貼留言